Directorate of Academic Quality Assurance
Since the establishment of Kisii University, quality assurance has been at the core of its operations. Through the Directorate of Academic Quality Assurance (DAQA), the University strives to evaluate the success of learning and teaching performance to meet the learning and teaching objectives. The learning and teaching objectives encompasses school self-evaluation, external evaluation, teacher evaluation and student assessments. It is the responsibility of DAQA to assess compliance with laws, statutes, regulations, institutional policies and procedures that affect the academic quality assurance of the University and also continually monitor compliance related issues.
The directorate has been mandated to: –
- Provide guidance in development and implementation of internal and external academic quality assurance procedures and practices in the University.
- Ensure that graduates have attained skills, knowledge and competencies that are valued by stakeholders.
- Identify internal and external standards and criteria consistent with internationally recognized standards for academic quality assurance at the University.
- Facilitate development of a culture of continuous quality improvement to achieve academic excellence.
- Facilitate the development and review of quality academic programmes through enhanced support processes.
- Continuously monitor the quality of teaching at delivery points.
BOARD OF ACADEMIC QUALITY ASSURANCE (BAQA)
Kisii University has a Board of Academic Assurance (BAQA), which is responsible for assuring high standards in teaching, learning, scholarship, and research. The board provides a basis for continuous feedback on the improvement of service delivery.
The Directorate of Academic Quality Assurance (DAQA) acts as liaison office with regulatory bodies and provides support for the University in preparation of necessary documentation for academic quality inspection.
The University has over 217 programmes which are full accredited with the Commission for University Education.
STUDENT EXPERIENCE IN KISII UNIVERSITY
The Director, Aademic Quality Assurance – Dr. Kennedy Getange, with student leaders sharing their experiences as student in Kisii University.
The Directorate of Academic Quality Assurance
P.O. Box 408-40200
LIST OF STAFF AT THE DIRECTORATE
Dr. Kennedy Getange, PhD
Ms. Nancy Nyaribo
Position: Executive Secretary
Mr. John Onyambu