The Department of Planning was established in 2009 and is located within the Administration Building. The office is responsible for coordinating all planning and development functions of the University. Its specific responsibilities include -
Planning and Development
- Coordinate preparation, review, implementation and evaluation of University Strategic Plan.
- Ensure that the mission and overall mandate of the University is articulated through systematic planning and monitoring;
- Planning, preparation, implementation and monitoring of development projects in the University;
- Coordinate preparation, execution and updating of University annual work plans.
- Ensures that the University physical resources are adequately planned to meet the demands posed by the increasing number of students and staff.
- Ensures that project proposals, monitoring and evaluation activities, progress reports and other documentation relating to ‘project cycle’ matters are developed in accordance with the Government and University guidelines.
- Oversees the major bilateral, or multilateral collaborative projects that have the aspects of physical development.
- Advise University Management Board on physical infrastructure planning and development issues.
- Involved in the planning, preparation, implementation and monitoring of development projects in the University;
Performance Contracting and Appraisal
To oversee and manage the University’s functions of performance contracting
Coordinate preparation and implementation of University annual work plan.
To maintain a working contact with other University organs/officers on performance contracting and appraisal matters
To represent the University at national, regional and international fora on performance contracting and appraisal
To facilitate preparation, signing and evaluation of performance appraisals
To facilitate pre-negotiation, negotiation and vetting of performance targets
To facilitate signing of annual performance contracts with the Ministry of Education, Science & Technology
To facilitate cascading and signing of performance contracts within the University
To collate, review and submit periodical performance reports to relevant Government agencies
To facilitate end of year performance contract evaluation
Prepare Quarterly and Annual University work progress reports and forward the same to the Government.
Facilitate compliance with the set administrative and management systems in accordance with set performance targets and ISO certification standards.