The School of Law was established in January 2009. The bold step of commencing the School was taken with particular interest in promoting social justice and expanding educational opportunities for Kenyans.
The School was also commenced in order to curb the flight of students to far flung areas in search of education when the same could be available at close proximity. The proximity of the School will also cut their costs of education. The School of Law is headed by a Dean who is the Administrative and Academic Head. Assisting the Dean in the day to day administrative matters is the Head of the Department and two Administrative Assistants.
The Program intends to do the following:-
· Produce quality graduates who are responsible in their area of specialization.
· Produce graduates who can effectively serve a changing local and international society;
· To initiate clinical seminars as a medium of conducting research and disseminating the findings.
· To revamp the Legal Aid Clinic as a medium of teaching and provision of legal services.
· Establish Law Reviews and journals in specific areas of research.
· Harness available institutional linkages in Kenya for optimum conduct of research and delivery of training to various cadre of legal practitioners.
FOR MORE INFORMATION
The Dean ,Faculty of Law
P.O BOX 408 – 40200-KISII.
Tel: 058-30826 ext 204
. Copyright © 2015 Kisii University