ISO 9001:2008 Certification
Having certified the Quality Management System(QMS), Kisii University is now ISO 9001:2008 certified. SGS is the certifying body that granted the university Quality Management System Excellence Certification. Read more...
Examination & Time-table Department
Mr. Charles K. Siongok
The effectiveness of running a University depends on a well planned and co-ordinated examination system.
The University is entrusted with the authority to train professional and non-professional personnel for both public and private sectors. These personnel are subjected to university examination in order to assess their capabilities. The specific functions of the Examinations and Timetabling Department consist of:-
• Preparation of teaching timetabling for all programmes.
• Co-ordination and allocations of the lecture halls.
• Maintaining lecture halls in collaboration with other relevant departments.
• Preparation of examination timetables for all programmes.
• Processing and co-ordinator of all university examinations with confidentiality.
• Providing the necessary examination logistics and materials.
• Ensuring examination standards and procedures are adhered to.
• Facilitating invitation and working of external examiners at the end of the academic year.