- Name;Dr. Tom Nyang’au Nyachieo Mongare PhD.
- Address;P. O. Box 2077-40200, Kisii.
- Date of birth;26/03/1967 ( 47 years)
- Marital status;Married
- Current post; Dean of the school of pure and applied science and environmental science Lecturer of Kisii university
- Consultancy; EIA/EA Lead expert
- 2005- 2009: PhD Education Clayton University-North London college-London United Kingdom (UK)
- 2003-2004: Msc Environmental Monitoring, Nottingham Trent University – Clifton campus (UK).
- 1997-1998: PGDE [Biology / Chemistry],Egerton University, Kenya.
- 1989-1993: BSc [ Zoology/ Botany/chemistry],Kenyatta University, Kenya
Duties and Responsibilities
- 2013- 2014Dean school of pure and applied science kisii university
- 2012-2013Chairman of department natural resources and environment management Kisii university.
- 2012-2014A member of the research committee of Kisii university mandated with planning of workshops of stakeholders to establish priority areas of research and development in environmental issues.
- 2012-Nominated as a link person to Helsinki metropolia university of Applied sciences Finland and Kisii university on development of sustainable energy projects.
- 2013-2014. Developed holistic diploma curriculum on solid waste management for Kisii university to be offered by the department of natural resources management.
- 2014-Nominated as a link person to university of Northampton UK and Kisii university on sustainable waste management.
- 2013-2014- Appointed chairman of the graduation subcommittee on ushering and hospitality at kisii university.
- 2013- appointed chairman to oversee the development of the environmental and occupational health and safety policies of kisii university
- 2014- 2015Appointed team leader of university exhibitions organized by CUE and ASK shows by the kisii university.
Taught masters and undergraduate students in fields of environmental science, limnology, population biology and research methods at kisii university
Ensc 102 - introduction to the physical environment
NARE 101- introduction to natural resource management
zool 412 - population biology
aqua 220 - water chemistry
Ensc 202 - Energy and environment
Bota 233 - Mycology
LIMN 730- Domestic and waste water management
NARE 764 natural resources management
msc- 740 Eutrophication and health of inland waters
Msc. 706 environmental hazards and waste management.
- 2015- Feb . Won Electronic waste implementation tool kit grant of 40,000 Euros for kisii university
- 2014 January, won a research grant on phytoremediation of river Nyakomisaro of two million[2M] and shall be in for capacity building of the same at Nyeri as from Feb 2014.
PUBLICATIONS IN REFFERED JOURNALS
Meroka rose moindi &Nyangau Tom  challenges facingmodule II students at kisii and Laikipia universities
Sulo P& Nyangau Tom .(2014).Barriers to Effective Parental Participation in Teenage Mothers ‘Education in Mixed Day Secondary Schools: A Case of Wareng’District, Uasin Gishu County
Mayoyo N., Nyangau TN, Nyamiaka E, and Aminga ,N.(2015)An Assessment of the Extent of Face book Use by Students at Kisii University and its implication on Educational Activities.
CONFERENCES AND SEMINARS ATTENDED OR ORGANISED.
- 2014-Attended psychotherapy conference at kisii university
- 2014- member of the organizing committee of the kisii county education conference held at kisii university sports ground.
- 2014. Attended an educational conference at KCA university
- 2011 May, Bugema University Kisii campus, Organized and evaluated seminar presentations by 12 Masters Students of Bugema University at Elgon View campus kisii.
- 2011 March,Gusii institute of technology presented a seminar paper in a conference organized by Kenya association of technical training institutions (KATTI) entitled; ‘Energy micro generation and efficiency management; an avenue to wealth creation in Kenya’
- 1999 Aug.Jomo Kenyatta University of Agriculture & Technology (JKUAT) attended a conference organized by Kenya Chemical society
MEMBERSHIP OF PROFESSIONAL BODIES
- 2011, National Environmental Management Authority (NEMA)Lead Expert Licensed to conduct environmental audits, Impacts assessment on behalf of the agency.
- 2006, Institute of Environmental Management Authority (IEMA) UK
Waste management, climate science and environmental monitoring areas
- DR, Albert Getabu, Dean faculty of agriculture and natural resources Kisii university
- : Deputy vice chancellor Academic Affairs (AA) Masai mara University P.O. Box 861-20500 Narok, Kenya. Tel.: +254722611025