• Name: Martha K. Nyang’au
• Department/School: Department of Agricultural Education and Extension
• Highest qualification: MSc.
• Designation: Lecturer
• Responsibilities: Chairperson Department of Agricultural Education and Extension
(Education history and awards)
University Attended Years Qualification
Egerton University 1986 – 1989 Diploma in Agricultural Education and Extension
Egerton University 2000 – 2002 BSc. Agricultural Education and Extension
Egerton University 2003- 2010 MSc. Agricultural Education
Kisii University 2014 to date Ph. D Agricultural Education and Extension: on going
Area(s ) of Specialization & Research Interests
- Youth and Agriculture
Selected Recent Journal Publications
1. Martha K. Nyang’au,( 2012). Agriculture Projects Offered for Examination in Secondary Education. (ISBN: 978-3-8484-1243-3). LAP LAMBERT Academic Publishing GmbH & Co. KG Heinrich-Böcking-Str. 6-8, 66121, Saarbrücken, Germany.
2. M. K. Nyang’au, J. K. Kibett and F. U. Ngesa (2011). Perceptions of learners towards factors influencing the implementation of secondary school agriculture projects in Kisii district of Kenya In: American-Eurasian Journal of Agriculture and Environmental Sciences 10(4):499-506., ISSN 1818-6769.
3. M. K. Nyang’au, J. K. Kibett and F. U. Ngesa, (2011). Perceptions of school principals and agriculture teachers towards factors influencing the initiation of secondary school agriculture projects. In: Middle-East Journal of Scientific Research 9(4): 546-553, ISSN: 1990-9233.
4. M. K. Nyang’au, J. K. Kibett and F. U. Ngesa (2011). Comparison of perceptions of school principals, teachers and learners towards factors influencing the implementation of secondary school agriculture projects in Kisii district of Kenya In: African Journal of Basic and Applied Sciences 3(2):57-62., ISSN: 2079-2034.
5. A. Gichangi, S. Maobe, D. Karanja, A. Getabu, C. N. Macharia, J. O. Ogecha, M. K. Nyang’au, E. Basweti and L. Kitonga. (2012). Assessment of production and marketing of climbing beans by smallholder farmers in Nyanza region, Kenya. In: World Journal of Agricultural Sciences 8(3):293-302, ISSN 1817-3047.
6. S. N. Maobe, M. K. Nyang’au, E. A. Basweti, A. Getabu, T. J. Mwangi and A. R. Ondicho. (2014). Effect of Plant Density on Growth and Grain Yield of Finger Millet (Eleusine coracana) Under High Potential Conditions of Southwest Kenya. In. World Journal of Agricultural Sciences 10 (6): 261-268, ISSN: 1817-3047.
Current/Recent Teaching and Research
AGED 221: Principles of Teaching and Learning in Agriculture
AGED 222: Measurement and Evaluation in Agricultural Education
AGED 322: Curriculum Development in Agricultural Education
AGED 331: Rural Sociology
AGED 312: Technical Reporting and Writing
AGED 434: Management of Agricultural Organizations
AGED0343: Agricultural Education Seminars and Field Visit
Rural youth and Agriculture
MARTHA K. NYANG’AU
Faculty of Agriculture and Natural Resources Management
Department of Agricultural Education and Extension
P. O Box408 – 40200, Kisii, Kenya
Cell Phone: +254 722 818 857
All rights reserved. Copyright©2015 Kisii University ISO 9001:2008 Certified.
Designed by KSU Webmaster.